Monday, August 24, 2009

Kindergarten Class of 2022

Today was Dagans first day of Kindergarten!!! He woke up and got dressed to make sure we had everything ready for 8:30 when we were heading out to make sure we got to school on time! Mrs Hanson (the teacher) was ready to greet us as we went in the door and Dagan put his things up and sat at his seat with a book to look at until the other students finished arriving. I went ahead and told him Bye with hug and kiss and off i went. Well when i went to pick him up his teacher said he was sad and wanted his mommy, but after a couple of minutes and a CareBear as a friend to hold he wasnt scared anymore.
After dropping off Dagan, I came home and Kailey seemed a little lost without brother at home... she sat on the couch for a while then as I was on the computer she brought her toys over to me and played next to me. I finished what i was doing and played with her until it was time to get Dagan from schoool. She was excited once he was home and loved being with him the rest of the day... some adjustments are being made and Dagan is excited about going back tomorrow. This week is just 9:00am to 11:30 then next week he will be staying until 1:30pm... we shall see how that goes for him and for us!!!


Dagan ready for kindergarten with his transformer backpack

Pondering life and why he has to go to school...

2 comments:

The Wests said...

Oh he's so cute in that picture. :) I will pray that everyone gets adjusted quickly to the new routine. Soon Kailey will have Samantha to keep her company during the school day. :)

Stephanie said...

Goodluck little man! I know he will do great, he is such a smart boy. We love and miss you all very much!